Vacation leaves — Academic Staff
Teaching staff will be entitled to paid vocation leaves during summers (10 calendar days) and winters (30 calendar days). Vacation leave cannot be combined with any other leave. The start time of these vacations will depend on government announcements and subsequent decision by school management.
Annual / Privilege Leave — Non- Academic Staff
• Our Non-academic staff are entitled to privilege leave (PL) of up to 30 calendar days in line with the Shops and Establishments Act 1966.
• PL is added to on employee’s leave account at the start of the year (1st Jan) based on minimum 240 days of service provided in the previous year and is calculated on pro-rota basis for a period less than 1 year of service.
• Availing PL needs prior approval from the Reporting Manager. In order to satisfy your preference and to meet the staffing needs of your department, you are advised to discuss your leave plans at least a month in advance with your Reporting Manager.
• Privilege Leave cannot be combined with any other leave
• Un-availed Privilege Leaves, if any, for the year can be carried over to the next year conditional to the maximum limit of 3 months after which any extra leaves will lapse. An employee, once entitled for Privilege Leave, is advised to avail her / his leave, preferably, in two periods of 15 days to allow for continuity of work.
Privilege Leave encashment will be done at the end of the employment period along with the full and final settlement.
Casual Leave for Academic and Non-Academic Staff
An employee is entitled to casual leave of up to 14 working days in a calendar year. This leave is for an employee to attend to her/his personal tasks, or minor illnesses etc. The leave has to be applied in written and approved in advance. Not more than 3 consecutive days of leave will be approved in the case of CL. Casual Leaves are not carried over to next year and cannot be encashed. The CL is calculated per month on pro-rata basis and is added to the leave bucket at the end of each continuous month of work.
Confirmed female employees are provided with Maternity Leave, up to two confinements. New joinees are only eligible if they have completed at least 90 days (3 months) with the school and have declared their pregnancy status in the Candidate Information sheet at Interview Stage. The maximum leave allowed will be 6 months out of which only 2 months would be paid. Absence from work due to miscarriage or any other illness arising out of pregnancy will not be considered as maternity leave, but as normal medical leave. For details please refer to the Maternity & Miscarriage leave policy separately.
An employee who has worked on a holiday is eligible for a compensatory off only if approved in written by the Line manager with appropriate justification for such extra work and efforts. If for any reason, organization is not in a position to give compensatory off, then an extra day would be added to monthly salary of the employee. (Compensatory off should be availed within a days of the actual holiday, Line Manager to ensure the same).
Compensatory Offs An employee who has worked on a holiday is eligible for a compensatory off only if approved in written by the Line manager with appropriate justification for such extra work and efforts. If for any reason, organization is not in a position to give compensatory off, then an extra day would be added to monthly salary of the employee. (Compensatory off should be availed within 3 days of the actual holiday, Line Manager to ensure the same).
Holidays commemorating events of national, social and religious significance are offered to employees. Holiday list will be finalized and shored by HR team every year and applicable accordingly.
In case an employee is getting married, a paid leave of 6 working days is provisioned. This has to be approved by the line manager a month before the event by producing substantial proof of the same such as wedding invitation card. This should be emailed minimum one month in advance to the concerned line manager.
In case of a partial shutdown I strike where some employees are able to reach school, all the absent employees will be treated to have proceeded on casual leave / privilege leave.
Procedure / Process for availing the above leaves
• Vacation leaves for academic staff shall be intimated to staff separately. All other leaves whether casual or any other shall be availed with the Line manager’s prior permission on an email / school software, intimated 24 hours in advance.
• In case of an urgency / emergency, the line manager must be informed about the urgency / emergency by phone. After the phone call has been made, this should be followed by an email for updating on the records f application through school software, at the first instance possible. No Text messages /WhatsApp messages will entertained and such absence would be regarded as unauthorized and will be calculated as Leave without pay (LWP), any such leave for multiple days will be actionable under the appropriate clause of the appointment agreement.
• On the school software, the requisition for leave should be submitted at least 24 hours in advance, for the concerned line manager to get enough time and space to approve the leave and arrange for substitute (if required).
• To be eligible for vacation salary, an employee is required mandatorily to be present on the last day before winter / summer vacations and on first day of reopening of the school after such breaks. If an employee is present on one of the instances (such as closing day or opening day) and on official approved leave on other (i.e. opening / closing of school), then in that case it would be management’s discretion to decide whether or not the employee is eligible for such vacation salary.
• For academic staff, if the joining date of an employee is less than one month before summer or winter vacations, such employees would not be eligible for vacation (summer or winter) salary.
• For non-academic staff leaves are calculated on pro rata basis from the date of their confirmation.